Core Medical Group Now Offers Sermorelin Acetate Therapy
Sermorelin Acetate growth hormone releasing hormone therapy is considered one medical means of reversing the effects of aging in adults deficient in growth hormone because of the benefits resulting from the increased stimulation and secretion of human growth hormone by the pituitary gland. This hormone offers increased muscle mass, decreased body fat, the strengthening of joints and connective tissue, along with injury prevention and repair.
What is Sermorelin?
Sermorelin Acetate is a “growth hormone-releasing hormone” (GHRH). This prescription drug is compounded by U.S. pharmacies pursuant to our physician’s prescription and is patient self-injected subcutaneously. Sermorelin is produced in the hypothalamus, released into the body of mammals and exerts its effects on the pituitary gland. At the pituitary, it stimulates or signals the release of growth hormone. Sermorelin is an analog of GHRH which is a peptide. Peptides are merely a chain of amino acids joined by covalent bonds. Sermorelin is a truncated GHRH, meaning the GHRH peptide chain has been severed and the effective portion remaining is Sermorelin. This offers several benefits, not the least of which is stability and lack of rapid degradation once administered to our patients. In addition to being the shortest effective GHRH analog, it is clinically the most potent.
So how does Sermorelin work?
Once administered to the patient, Sermorelin acts upon the pituitary to signal and release Growth Hormone (GH). The fact that it mimics this natural hormone offers several benefits.
1. The release of GH that Sermorelin triggers is episodic, meaning it occurs in a pulse, just like natural GH is released. This would be as opposed to the introduction of actual GH which would cause a more prolonged steady increase in GH levels. While the latter may sound desirable the fact is this “pulse” type release of GH is the pattern prevalent in male patients and most conducive to the benefits of increased GH observed in males such as improved body composition, fat loss, sense of emotional well-being, etc.
2. Sermorelin, due to its action of mimicking naturally occurring GHRH, increases pituitary reserve and preserves more of the growth hormone neuroendocrine axis. This axis is the first to fail in the aging process.
3. This added recruitment of activity in the pituitary slows the cascade of hypophyseal hormone failure that occurs during aging. This preserves both youthful anatomy and physiology.
4. Due to the mimicking of natural GHRH there is no rapid reduction in Sermorelin’s effectiveness, making long term administration not only safe, but continually and progressively effective.
• Reduction in subcutaneous and even visceral fat
• Increase lean body mass
• Resistance to injury and faster repair if injury is sustained
• Increase in metabolism
• Increased stamina
• Anti-aging effects
• Improved sleep
• Resistance to lymphatic disease
• Increase in IGF (IGF has a profound effect on building lean mass)
• A reduction in risk factors for age related diseases
• Strengthening of joints and connective tissue
• Increases in bone density and calcium retention
• Improvements in cognitive abilities
Growth hormone-releasing peptides and their analogs.
Effects of single nightly injections of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH 1-29) in healthy elderly men.
Growth hormone-releasing hormone and growth hormone-releasing peptide as therapeutic agents to enhance growth hormone secretion in disease and aging.
Sermorelin: a review of its use in the diagnosis and treatment of children with idiopathic growth hormone deficiency .
Acceleration of wound healing by growth hormone-releasing hormone and its agonists .